Thursday, November 19, 2009

nEW ZEaLAnd AOteaRoa

I got the chance of a life time to go back to my beautiful New Zealand. As soon as I landed, it felt like home. I love this country and people so much. It’s one place I feel truly loved. We started in Auckland and stayed with Sister Tairua, a sister from my mission, in Otara, apparently it’s the worst part of Auckland, and we soon found out why. Not only did we witness a domestic dispute outside the chapel on Sunday, later that night we found a half naked woman, totally drunk and passed out on the side of the road. Yep. The world is so scary. I’m not naive, I just choose not to dwell on the bad, so I when I see it first hand, it’s hard to take in. It was really great to catch up with my mission buddies! I couldn’t believe I was actually there! We stayed up way too late, we ate, we laughed, we shared memories, it was the best night ever! Monday came, and we caught the “Naked Bus” to Napier, my last area. We stayed with the Bishop’s fam bam the first night, and caught up with them! They couldn’t believe I actually came back! and neither could I…it was incredible. Tuesday we went around Napier and went up Te Mata Peak…a beautiful look out to the ocean and view of Hawke’s Bay. Then I got to go around and visit some of the members…lucky there were some things going on at the chapel, so I got to see a lot of people there. I just showed up to people’s houses unannounced, and they remembered me! It was the best feeling in the world. I was so happy. I couldn’t imagine anything better. Wednesday we left for Taupo to go Bungee Jumping!!!! YEAH!!!! We got all excited and ready to go… took a photo in front of the sign, rocked up to the gate…and there it was… “CLOSED” under construction…sucky. We were so mad! I was all ready to do it too! I was not going to chicken out or anything! I had my money and I didn’t eat a big breakfast so I wouldn’t lose my cookies! Dang…so now it my goal to find the most awesome Bungee in the world and go there and prove to myself that I can do it! After that disappointment we went to Taupo Lake which a volcano, and got to put our feet in some nice hot pots…it was beautiful!!! I love anything that makes my feet feel good! After that we made our way to Rotorua…Maori central. We went to a show and had Hangi, traditional Maori meal…it was amazing! Everything I loved to eat was there! It made the trip even more perfect! And our bus driver was awesome! Hilarious! The next day we went to the temple…it was again…incredible…I’m going to do another post about it though…so yeah. One of my mission buddies picked us up at the temple and back to Auckland where we had another night of catch up and the next day we flew back to Sydney, to picked up and off to Coffsaba…yeah! I love that I was able to go to New Zealand…that place and the people will forever be in my heart.

No comments: