Friday, October 23, 2009

Aussie Adventure

If you don’t know by now, I’m in AUSTRALIA!!! YES! I’m staying in Sydney with my FAV comp from the mish, Tayce, and her family. They are awesome! It’s been great fun this past week getting to know them and put a face to the voices I’ve been hearing(not in my head, on the phone) for the past 2 years!

Australia is amazing! I look out my bedroom window and I feel like I could go walkabout! It’s so cool mate! Not a lot of people understand me, it’s ok cuz I don’t understand them. The other day we were at this yummy bakery getting some lunch. I got a Peppered Steak pie, yum, and the lady asked me if I wanted some sauce, I didn’t hear her and asked “PaRdon?” in my not so Aussie accent, and she answered back instantly, “Ketchup.” We had a good laugh. I forget I’m the minority over here!

I saw my first, second, third and fourth Kangaroo DEAD on the side of the road…yep…dead. No hoppity hop for those guys. We were on a road trip to Albury (south of Sydney about 6 hours) to visit Tayce’s sister and bro-in-law. I didn’t see a LIVE Kangaroo until on the way home…he was jumping up this hill…it was SO FREAKIN’ AWESOME!!! Hopefully I’ll get to see  one better so I can actually get a photo of it!

 

1 comment:

Erin said...

hahaha.. AWESOME... One time one of my companions made me pull the car over when we saw a dead Kangaroo.. and she put her hand in it's pouch to see if there was a joey in there... gross.. I didn't let her touch me for the rest of the night :)